: TCS Campus Placement
Interview Paper Pattern (Technical And HR)
I got thru TCS campus placement exclusive
to my college on the 28th of March '07. While the Aptitude paper didnt differ
much frm wat has already been given in the previous papers, the Interview rounds
were a bit different dis time.
After qualifying the written test we were asked to fill up a form which had evry
detail to be filled in. it was almost a CV. My panel, not exactly a panel, it
was only 1 person who grilled me. My Technical was of the largest duration of
abt 40 min. i had written only C programming as my software skills and without
any intro etc he straight away started wid my interview.
Some of the questions based on 'C' if i remember right are as follows:
1. Do u know abt Recursive functions??
YES. Then write a recursive function to display Fibonacci series.
2. Fibonacci using normal loops and conditional statements.
3. Wat do u mean by scope of variables??
4. Then He gave me a program where one was a global, one was extern and so on
and he asked me the o/p.
5. Write an algorithm to add a node to a linked list using pointers:
i) at the start,
ii) at the end,
iii) in the middle.
6. Wat do u mean by Dynamic memory allocation?
7. Wat is the difference between Malloc and Calloc??
8. Syntax for malloc while initializing a node in linked list
9. How do u use malloc to initialize an array?
10.Wat is the difference between C and C++?
11. An array of numbers from 1 to 100. random selection of 99 numbers. write an
efficient algorithm to find the unselected number.
12.These and some basic questions based on strings lik strlen, strcmp,
concatenating of strings.
13. He gave me a program where an array of size 10 was initialized, a
string of size 6 was input and after concatenating another string of size6 wats
Then he started asking me puzzles some of which are:
1. Two candles, different densities, each burns 4 exactly 30 min. how do u
measure 45 minutes.
2. A cubic tank filled up to brim. how do
u empty exactly half without any additional measuring or emptying equipment?
3. Two circles overlapping. radii given. Find the difference in un common
4. Out of n items, in how many ways do u select different number of items.(There
seems to be a formula. i didnt know. i just told him how it can be done using
Apart frm the above he asked me some questions on Electrical Engg. like Why High
voltage D.C. transmission is preferred? and which motor is used 4 high starting
1.Wat is the meaning of u r name?
3.Wat u know abt the company?
4.Why software inspite of Electrical engg.?
If u do well in Technical, They wont grill u or cut u in HR unless u hav
pathetic communication skills. U need to answer confidently with a firm voice
and prepare urself well abt the company.
All the best.