(Govt Jobs) Recruitment of Engineers At Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd
Recruitment of Engineers At Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd. (KPCL)
KARNATAKA POWER CORPORATION LIMITED
(A Govt. of Karnataka Undertaking)
Web Site: www.karnatakapower.com
Race Course Road,
Bangalore ā 560 001
EPABX No 080 ā 22269930-37
Direct Telephone Lines: 080-22267733,080-22201820
About KPCL :
Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd., (KPCL) a Government of Karnataka Undertaking, established in the year 1970, is a premier specialist and professionally managed power generation company. It does Investigation, Design, Construction, Operation & Maintenance of Hydro, Thermal, Wind & Solar Power Stations in and out of Karnataka. KPCL has established Solar Energy Projects in the Districts of Kolar, Belgaum & Raichur. It has also taken up a thermal power project to establish 1600 MW Pit Head Thermal Power Station in the State of Chhattisgarh. Winner of several prestigious awards for high performance, it is in the forefront in providing energy security to the State ofKarnataka through optimum generation from existing plants and speedy commissioning of new plants.
With an installed capacity of 6000 MW, ongoing projects of about 1000 MW &
projects to be started of 6000 MW, KPCL is the main stay of theKarnataka grid
and provides immense professional opportunities for competent and qualified
Job Details :
Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd., (KPCL) a Government of Karnataka Undertaking, invites applications for the following posts:
Designation : Assistant Engineer (Civil)
No of Posts : 25
Education : BE (Civil) or AMIE in Civil Engineering
Note: Candidates possessing BE(Civil-Environment) or BE(Civil-Transportation) Are not eligible.
Designation : Assistant Engineer (Electrical
No of Posts : 70
Education: BE (Electrical) or AMIE in Electrical Engineering
Note : Seven posts are reserved for candidates possessing BE(Electronics) OR BE(Electronics & Tele Communication / Communication) qualification
Designation : Assistant Engineer (Mechanical)
No of Posts: 70
Education: BE (Mechanical) or AMIE in Mechanical Engineering
Note: Candidates possessing BE(Industrial Production) or BE(Automobile) Are not eligible
Designation : Assistant Engineer (Instrumentation)
No of Posts : 25
Education: BE (Instrumentation) or (Instrumentation Technology)
Designation : Junior Engineer (Electrical)
No of Posts: 60
Education: Three years Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Note: Six posts are reserved for candidates possessing Diploma in Electronics or Electronics & Tele Communications qualification.
Designation : Junior Engineer Mechanical
No of Posts : 50
Education: Three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Three posts are reserved for candidates possessing Diploma in Automobile Engineering qualification.
- Candidates possessing Diploma in Machine Tool Tech or Diploma in Heat Power Engg or Diploma in Horological Engg or Diploma in GTTC Are not eligible
- Candidates with disability of Blindness or Low vision are not eligible to apply.
Pay Scales & Perquisites :
Asst. Engineer : Rs.8835-250-9085-300-10585-350-12335- 400-14735- 450-17435-500-19935
Junior Engineer : Rs.6685-225-7585-250-9085-300-10585-350-12335-400- 14735-450-17435-500-18435
Perquisites : Dearness Allowance, Remote Area Allowance, LTC to Home Town, Group Savings
Linked Insurance Scheme, Medical facilities, Pension [viz. superannuation pension, retiring pension, invalid pension & family pension] & DCRG as per the rules of the Corporation. Total emoluments currently at minimum of the scale is Rs.21547/- for Asst. Engineers and Rs.16,466/- for Junior Engineers.
Age Limit :
The candidate should have:
- Born not before 20.01.1970 and not after 20.01.1992 for SC, ST & Cat.I
- Born not before 20.01.1972 and not after 20.01.1992 for Cat. IIa, IIb, IIIa & IIIb
- Born not before 20.01.1975 and not after 20.01.1992 for GM
- In the case of Ex-Serviceman, relaxation in age equal to number of years of service rendered in the Armed Forces will be given but not beyond 45 years of age as on 20.01.20
- Written Test will be conducted at Bangalore.
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for Written Test in Technical subjects (subject to passing Kannada Language Test referred in para 7 below) .
- Selection will be made based on the average marks obtained in the qualifying examination (50%) and marks obtained in the written test (50%) duly following the reservation of posts notified.
- Selection list will be published in the Web Site : www.karnatakapower.com
Probation/Minimum Service/Postings :
Selected candidate will be on probation for one year and has to execute an agreement to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of Ten years including the period of probation. He/She will be posted only in project areas. He / She shall give an undertaking that he/she will work in project areas and shall not seek posting toBangalore for a minimum period of ten years.
Steps for Submitting application :
ONLY ONLINE (THROUGH COMPUTER) APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED. NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH POST, PERSONAL DELIVERY, COURIER OR ANY OTHER MODE.
1. Preparation before filling the online application form:
- Download and print the entire notification along with application form (10 pages);
- Please read and fill up the application form manually (for your reference only);
- Purchase a Demand Draft (DD) for Rs.200/- (Rs.100/- for SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of āKarnataka Power Corporation Limitedā, payable at Bangalore, as application fee. Enter the DD details (DD Number, Date, Name of the Bank & Place) in the application. This DD shall be handed over to the Invigilator at the time of written test;
- Before filling up the application online, keep ready all the certificates in support of age, qualification & caste and also rural quota or Kannada Medium quota for claiming reservation.
- Ensure availability of Printer to print the entire downloaded document.
2. Submission Online:
- Keep your filled up application reference copy (reference: 2 a. ii) & enter the application form Online.
- Upon submission of the application through Web/Internet an
acknowledgement with an unique application number along with the copy of
details filled up by the applicant will appear on the screen. The applicant
shall take two printouts (copies) of the acknowledgement. He/she shall paste
his/her recent passport size photo (not older than six months) in both
affix his/her signature on the space provided in the acknowledgement. Signing the acknowledgement is tantamount to signing the application submitted through the web. The acknowledgement (two copies) shall be handed over to the invigilator at the time of written test along with DD.
NOTE: Incomplete Online application will neither be accepted nor
registered by the computer system.
Last date for submission of āonlineā application: 20.01.2010 at 5.00 pm